Tuesday, July 30, 2013

BBQ-Summer of 2013




I like to eat barbecue. I am also a KCBS certified barbecue judge. So is my husband. I don't necessarily like to cook it, but my husband does and for that I am truly grateful. I have learned about my husband that if I happen to mention ideas in passing, he very often picks up on them and makes them a reality. So, when I mentioned in passing that I would really like some ribs, there he was the next weekend making ribs, pulled pork, and pit beef in our front yard. (I married the right man.) The pit beef and pulled pork will be for a tailgate next weekend, but the ribs were just for us!

I think he is dabbling with the idea of competing in BBQ competitions, so he is always trying new rubs and techniques. This time he tried three styles, competition, Memphis dry, and Memphis wet. The standout was the competition. I wasn't such a fan of the dry. The Memphis wet was in the middle.

I hear there will be another weekend soon with ribs, chicken, and tri-tip. He is working on a new sauce recipe. I'll be there with ice tea and a few side dishes. It should be delicious.


Also this summer, there has been a short trip to WallaWalla and Waitesburg, WA. FOR ALL THE WINE.  Seven Hills and K Vintners FTW.

No comments: