Monday, January 3, 2011

(Andy at Lexington #1, Lexington, NC)


I haven't posted since April. I kind of forgot about you blog! I'm sorry.

We did a lot of good eating in 2010, from dinners out to barbecue at home. Christmas was especially nice, as was our trip to the Carolinas that I did not post about. Talk about good barbecue! And biscuits! And country ham! And seafood!

For my birthday, I had peel-and-eat shrimp boiled in Old Bay with butter on the side at a bar on the North Carolina coast, along with crab claws and a couple of beers. Perfect really.

Some restaurant standouts:

Tanuki in Portland for Izakaya (I think this was my favorite meal of the year)

Bisato with a seat at the bar

Sushi at Maskiko with good friends Mia and Ryan

The lovely light coming in to the restaurant at Spinasse and the best egg pasta anywhere

Dinner at Staple and Fancy and not having to choose just a few things off the menu

I have also discovered my new found love for a good whiskey cocktail, particularly the Old Fashioned and that will be a good remembrance for the end of 2010.

So definitely looking forward to 2011! I have a trip planned to Washington DC and some great reservations already in the works. I think 2011 is going to be starting strong.

No comments: